Enter your work and have it judged by the best in the industry.
Every month we team up with a top local Creative Director to award the best in film craft by leading production companies in South Africa. These categories are awarded in Film Craft – Direction, Editing, VFX, Online, Offline, and Music & Sound. Here’s your chance to make your mother proud!
Recent iDidTht Judges
1. Production companies must be a subscriber of the #SAfilmReel. Contact iDidTht.com for subscription options that best suit your company.
2. All work must have been produced/first flighted in the last 3 months from date of entry deadline e.g. April deadline would call for work from Feb, March, April.
3. We welcome work you’ve produced for international clients, as long as it was done by someone who resides in South Africa.
4. You may submit the same piece of work to the SA Film Reel if it hasn’t been previously awarded and it falls within the entry criteria date.
5. Your entries are not restricted to commercials. It can be anything one of your directors have shot e.g. a music video, online content etc.
6. Deadline for entries: 21st of every month
July Entry Deadline
View previous examples of iDidTht’s awards
Brendan Hoffmann awards iDidTht’s best in film craft for June. The Hoff is an industry leader in raising kids and being an all round kind and gentle family man… Oh and he happens to also be a multi-award winning creative badass! An honour to have you Hoffers.
Bridget Johnson awards this month’s best in film craft by Production Companies. She doesn’t like to brag, so we’ll do it for her: Bridget is brilliant! She’s been in the game for over 2 decades, scooped up a ridiculous amount of awards and has judged everything from Cannes to that weird hat you once wore. We bow down to her greatness!
Tim Beckering, Creative Director at Network BBDO in JHB, awards iDidTht’s Best in Film Craft this month. Tim is a total speed freak, like a local version of The Fast and the Furious, except Tim knows when to stop. Which is why he only chose one Best of Reel and one Special Mention campaign this month #MicDrop #Boom
Multi-award winning Steph van Niekerk awards this month’s best in film craft by Production Companies. She’s a small person so you may not always see her entering a room, but don’t mess with her because she’ll throw SA’s first (and only) TV and Cinema Gold One Show statue at you.
Mike Barnwell, Executive Creative Director at FCB Cape Town, awards the best in film craft by Production Companies this month. Mike left New Zealand in 2012, sending the country into a downward spiral - it is now the 4th highest user of amphetamines worldwide. Meanwhile, since Mike moved to Cape Town, the city has been named the world’s ‘Best City’. Coincidence? We think not…
Liam Wielopolski, Chief Creative Officer at DDB South Africa, awards the best in film craft by Production Companies this month. He was ranked number 3 Chief Creative Officer at the recent Loeries rankings, but more importantly, his Avi on Twitter is an egg, he has 11 followers and his one and only tweet reads: “First tweet, yehaa!’’ - that was back in June 2011… When Liam’s not strategically questioning and undermining the conventions of social media, he’s an industry leader and you need to take note of what he rates as South Africa’s best. We’re honoured to have you Liam…yehaa! 😉